Maxillofacial surgery is a medical speciality which works closely with the other dental specialities of orthodontics and restorative dentistry. Complex operations are performed to restore form (appearance) and function of the mouth and face.
There is a dedicated radiology department with specialist equipment to take x-rays of the face, skull, entire jaw and inside the mouth available. We also have access to day stay theatres and outpatient recovery facilities.
The Department of Maxillofacial Surgery provides surgery for:
• head and neck cancers;
• cosmetic facial surgery (facial plastic surgery);
• surgical dermatology for face and neck cancers;
• facial trauma – both hard and soft tissue;
• facial deformity;
• reconstructive surgery of the mouth and jaws;
• minor oral surgery (dentoalveolar surgery);
• oral medicine.